March to Occupy GGP: May 19th, 2012
Saturday, May 19th, 2012, 11 AM
gather at Gwynns Falls Elementary,
2700 Gwynns Falls Parkway, Baltimore, MD 21216
On May 19th, hundreds of low-wage workers and community allies will take the fight for Fair Development one step further with the March to Occupy GGP, a 4-mile non-violent march and occupation, connecting the Baltimore where workers live, go to school, and worship to the poverty-zone where they work, the Inner Harbor.
We’ll be taking back our harbor and demanding a change to business as usual. We’re bringing the march directly to the steps of General Growth Properties and once we arrive at their steps, we will not stop there. We will march right on in and march through Harborplace mall. For a moment, we will occupy this temple of consumerism and fill the space with the possibilities of our shared dreams and demands for human rights and Fair Development. This simple act will send a resounding call to General Growth Properties that they need to put their house in order and ensure human rights for workers at their malls.
Email email@example.com to let us know that you’ll be there on May 19th for the March to Occupy GGP!
Parking and Transportation Information
If you’re taking Public Transportation
- BUS LINES: 5,7,1,51,53,52
- METRO STOP: Mondawmin Station
If you’re driving
Parking is available at Gwynns Falls Elementary parking lot
GETTING BACK TO YOUR CAR AFTER THE MARCH:
- Option 1: MetroFrom the Inner Harbor, we will lead a group on the metro back to Gwynns Falls Elementary.
- Option 2: Van shuttleWe will have vans available to shuttle a limited number of people back to Gwynns Falls Elementary.
We are committed to ensuring that everyone can participate in the March to Occupy GGP. We will have vans available to anyone who would like to ride some or all of the way. There will also be a break mid-march for water, food, and bathroom. Please contact us, if you have questions about participating in the length of the march.
Please call Luis at 401-365-7233, Ashley at 443-977-3531 if you have any questions or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
More News on March to Occupy GGP and the fight for fair development
- Celebrating our Annual Human Rights Dinner—This Sunday! May 16, 2013
- Standing Together for Baltimore FireHouses & Our Lives May 10, 2013
- Baltimore Rallies for Fair Development April 29, 2013
- Fair Development Play April 25, 2013
- Emanuel McCray: It's All About Fair Development April 25, 2013